Are you interested in participating and helping organize fun events and activities in your community?
The Castleton Sports Club is looking for new members to be a part of a team that is passionate about our Sports Field and local activities within Cramahe Township. Castleton has the finest Sports facility in the area offering many activities such as Soccer, Baseball, Hockey, Curling and Yoga. We are always open to suggestions for new physical activities.
- President – Chair meetings, and oversee operation of facilities
- Vice President – support President and step in to President’s role if that person is unavailable)
- Secretary – record meetings of monthly meetings. Currently the secretary has been maintaining the website and social media pages.
- Directors – attend meetings and offer opinions and expectations for discussion.
This year the Sports club successfully
- Hosted 2 very successful Pond hockey tournaments; our hockey rinks was recognized province wide during a CTV News interview.
- For the first time the game of Crokicurl was offered.
- Long running Yoga program
- Successful teams of youth soccer in all divisions
- Extensive repairs to the fields have been undertaken this fall
In 2020 we are attempting to secure funding from Ontario Trillium Fund (OTF) and Kraft Heinz Project Play to install lights on Ball Diamond 1 and general upgrades on the facility.
Plans are being made to install a single sheet curling ice in 2020, with the intent of hosting tournaments. Crokicurl will again be offered as well as twin pad ice surfaces.
Mandatory Volunteer Hours easily completed with approx. 8 hours per year attending Castleton Sports Club meetings and brainstorming new ideas. Or in many other ways helping to support activities.
Full support from past members to ensure smooth transition into the Committee.
|If you are interested in: |
– Giving back to the community
– Meeting new people and contributing new ideas to the committee
We are looking for YOU!